General questions to ask:
- Have you been trained as a Doula?
- When were you trained?
- Where were you trained?
- What is your experience as a Doula?
- How long have you been a Doula?
- What is your philosophy of birth, and supporting women and their partners?
- How many clients do you support per month?
- What do your services include?
- What tasks do you provide or not provide?
- Do you have a back-up Doula?
- How do I keep in contact with you?
- What is your fee structure?
- Can you provide references?
For interviewing a birth doula, you might also ask:
- How many prenatal visits do you provide?
- How may postpartum visits do you provide?
- When do you join us in labour?
- Where do you join us in labour?
For interviewing a postpartum doula, you might also ask:
- How do you schedule visits?
- Will there be prenatal visits?