Services Offered: Birth Doula, Postpartum Doula, Childbirth Education
Ancestry: Scottish (primary), American Cherokee, French Canadian, mix European
Self-identifies as: Canadian
Welcome to my doula profile with the AOD!
Since beginning my work as a doula (est. 2008) I have always been keen on supporting through a client-directed lens. This has ensured that I am able to meet the individual needs of each client, their unique labour experiences and/or their postpartum transitions.
Being a professional doula has meant I have had the honour of bearing witness to thousands of changes in my client lives. I have also been invited to learn from, and support clients in countries around the world, including Costa Rica, Ecuador, Tanzania, First Nations communities on Turtle Island (North America), and clients in the communities I have called home. I am deeply humbled by the persons who have entrusted me with their experience and with their knowledge.
CURRENT CLIENT AREA: Kingston – Frontenac – Belleville – Quinte – Northumberland – Peterborough – Haliburton
I have always had a lust for learning and before my doula days I was a postgraduate student (MPhil/ PhD) where I devoted my time to researching social marginalization, with an emphasis on the social and cultural experiences of women and children.
Mother of two bright-spirited children, you can find me curled up with a cup of coffee and a good book or mentoring doulas through Doula Canada.
Contact is best through email @ email@example.com
Other curious facts about Shaunacy:
- Former President for the Association of Ontario Doulas
- Current Director of Education for the Association of Ontario Doulas
- Candidate in Masters of Psychology Counselling at Yorkville University
- Certified Birth and Postpartum Doula
- Certified Childbirth Educator
- MPhil in History, University of Glasgow
- Doctoral candidate, Trent University (PhD)
- Trainings in Spinning Babies, Perinatal Loss and Companioning, Dancing for Birth, Breastfeeding Education, Rebozo, Benefits of the Peanut Ball, and marketing for business (various programs)
- Previous owner of Glow Birth Services (est. 2009)
- Holistic Nutrition Diploma candidate (2019-current)
- Herbalist Diploma candidate (2020-current)
- Yoga Teacher Training Graduate (2020)