Services Offered: Birth Doula
Hello. My name is Tina Madelina (she/her) and welcome to my Madelina Birth and Baby (AOG) profile! You may also want to check out my website HERE.
I’m a Certified Labour and Birth Doula and an Infant Massage Instructor. I’m certified in Acupressure for Prenatal, Labour and Postpartum Periods and am a certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist as well.
My goal is to enhance the physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual health of pregnant and birthing people including teens and mothers, babies, and families through education and loving support during pregnancy, childbirth, and early parenthood.
I will support you in having the best possible birth journey whether you birth at a hospital or at home. I also assist birth partners and or support people with labour and childbirth support preparation.
- Free initial, obligation-free consultation. Find out more about my services and see if we’re a good fit!
- Up to 3 prenatal visits.
- Welcome package and information binder.
- Creation of a one page visual presentation of your birth preferences ( birth plan) using icons of your choice. Birth teams and health care providers love it, as it is a one page snapshot of what your desires are! ( Available as a stand-alone service for $75.00.)
- Discussion of your wants, needs and wishes so that I am prepared to support you in a way that is meaningful to you.
- Suggestions, practice, guidance and application of comfort measures, including breathing techniques, massage, acupressure, optimal birthing positions, optimal fetal positioning etc. All to facilitate a smoother, more effective, meaningful labour and childbirth.
- Emotional support, including talking through emotional blockages which may come up during labour.
- Accompaniment to a visit with your care provider, if desired.
- Unlimited communication through email, phone, text messages as required.
- 24/7 access and on call services beginning 2 weeks prior to your estimated date of delivery.
- Attendance at your labour and delivery, with the first priority of this being in-person support. Otherwise this will be virtual support or a combination of the two.
- I also assist and empower your Birth Partner with labour and childbirth preparation, if desired.
- Assistance with getting breastfeeding/chestfeeding started.
- 1 postnatal visit if desired.
- An experienced backup doula, in case an emergency prevents me from attending your birth.
Serving Dundas, Stoney Creek, Hamilton-Wentworth, Burlington, Woodstock, Ancaster, Wentworth County, Brantford, Brant County, Paris, Waterdown, Carlisle and surrounding areas in Ontario Canada.