Services Offered: Birth Doula
Hello. My name is Tina Madelina and welcome to my Madelina Birth and Baby (AOG) profile! You may also want to check out my website HERE.
I’m a Certified Labour and Birth Doula and an Infant Massage Instructor. I’m certified in Acupressure for Prenatal, Labour and Postpartum Periods and a certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist as well.
My goal is to enhance the physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual health of mothers (including teens), babies, and families through education and loving support during pregnancy, childbirth, and early parenthood. I also assist birth partners with labour and childbirth support and preparation. I support birthing people at home, in a birth centre or in a hospital.
My goal is to support you in having your best birth possible!
My standard Labour and Birth Doula Services
- Free initial, obligation-free consultation. Find out more about my services and see if we’re a good fit!
- Up to 3 prenatal visits.
- Welcome package and information binder.
- Access to my free lending library.
- Creation of a one-page visual presentation of your birth preferences (birth plan) using visual icons of your choice. Birth teams and health care providers love it as it is a one-page snapshot of what your desires are! ( Available as a stand-alone service for $50.00.)
- Discussion of your wants needs and wishes so that I am prepared to support you in a way that is meaningful to you.
- Suggestions, practice, guidance and application of comfort measures, including breathing techniques, massage, acupressure, optimal birthing positions, optimal fetal positioning etc. All to facilitate a smoother, more effective, meaningful labour and childbirth.
- Emotional support, including talking through emotional blockages which may come up during labour.
- Accompaniment to a visit with your care provider, if desired.
- Unlimited communication through email, phone, text messages as required.
- 24/7 access and on-call services beginning 2 weeks prior to your estimated date of delivery.
- Attendance at your labour and delivery.
- I also assist and empower your Birth Partner with labour and childbirth preparation, if desired.
- Assistance with getting breastfeeding started.
- 1 postnatal visit if desired.
- An experienced backup doula, in case an emergency prevents me from attending your birth.
Serving Dundas, Stoney Creek, Hamilton-Wentworth, Burlington, Woodstock, Ancaster, Wentworth County, Brantford, Brant County, Paris, Waterdown, Carlisle and surrounding areas in Ontario Canada.