Services Offered: Birth Doula, Postpartum Doula, Childbirth Education
My name is Melissa Winkler and I am a registered and certified birth doula and postpartum and fertility doula. I’m also a certified childbirth educator, registered prenatal/postnatal yoga instructor, prenatal/postnatal fitness instructor and core confident specialist.
I have been supporting women prenatally since 2015 and have supported more than 50 women during labour and childbirth and have taught over 500 women in the GTA prenatal yoga and postnatal yoga.
As a birth and postpartum doula, I provide my clients with comfort, warmth, compassion and empowerment. My passion for helping new moms is what inspired my business Padma Yogi—I find great joy in welcoming new life into the world.
I currently serve: Brampton, Etobicoke, Mississauga, North York, Oakville, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Toronto, Vaughan and Woodbridge.
- Supporting you on your journey to pregnancy
- Educational support around charting, monitoring and fertility treatments
- Support at treatments and appointments
- Prenatal visits discussing your wishes
- Childbirth education
- Support during labour including early labour
- Postpartum care for mama
- Newborn care
- Overnight support so you can get some rest
• E-RYT 200 – Experienced yoga instructor at the 200 hour level with Yoga Alliance
• RPYT – Registered prenatal /postnatal yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance
• CD(DONA) – Certified birth doula with DONA
• PCD(DONA) – Certified postpartum doula with DONA
• PDCBE – Certified childbirth educator with ProDoula
• RDO – Registered doula with the Association of Ontario Doulas
• Standard First Aid, CPR/AED Level HCP (Health care provider, baby, child, adult)
• 200hr Yoga Teacher Training – Sivananda Bahamas
• 8hr Chair Yoga Teacher Training – Sivananda Toronto
• 30hr Restorative Yoga Training – YogaSpace Toronto
• 100hr Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Training- Birthing Flower Toronto
• 24hr Labour Doula Training – DONA
• 27hr Postpartum Doula Training – DONA
• Childbirth Educator Training – ProDoula
• Pre/Postnatal Fitness Instructor – Bellies Inc.
• Core Confidence Specialist – Bellies Inc.
“Melissa was such a blessing to have. She knew how much pressure and where to apply it without being asked. She had wonderful suggestions and was amazing at remembering things that were important to us. She made both my husband and I feel so much more at ease. She made my birth beautiful.”
“Thank you so so much for yet again helping us delivery a happy healthy baby! We really couldn’t have done it without you. You really do have a calling for being a doula. It was great having you there to keep us calm and comforted at such a vulnerable time and also to guide us through any uncertainties.”
“This has been an amazing journey and I am very thankful that you were apart of it. Thank you so much for all you have done to help me feel good and all of us happy. It was hard for me to adjust to being a new mom and I really do not know how I would have done it without you. You mean a lot to our family. Thank you for what you do and who you are.”