What is the AOD Membership Advantage?
Your Membership will include:
- A network of collaborative colleagues and ongoing strategy to build relationships with provincial stakeholders
- Monthly continuous learning events with experienced persons in their field
- The opportunity to share your voice for the professional development of doulas in the province of Ontario.
- A listing in the Association of Ontario Doulas Directory
- A certificate of membership for the current membership year
- $1 million each of commercial general and professional liability insurance, with options to purchase up to $5 million in coverage. The best rate organizational rate available!
- The option to opt into independent health insurance coverage at a negotiated discount for AOD members
- Regular Association of Ontario Doulas newsletters and updates on practice guidelines and industry changes
- The option to collaborate with like-minded professional doulas through group forums, sub-committees series, and other special events
- Participation in the Association of Ontario Doulas Annual General Meeting, speaker
- The option to receive a quarterly subscription to Eco Parent
The AOD has set a minimum number of hours for a training/ certification to qualify for membership.
The AOD membership criteria have been set to ensure professional learning has been a part of each of our member’s development as a doula. If your previous training/ certification does not meet the set training hours outlined below please contact the AOD for suggestions related to cross-certification or alternative options for meeting our membership criteria.
The current criteria for membership are under review as per our 2-year audit if you are interested in becoming a member or having your organization recognized please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Association of Ontario Doulas is not affiliated with any organization.